Turn an ordinary sponge into an adorable sea creature inspired, DIY sponge bath toy with this fun craft! Glue on some googly eyes and a little pipe cleaner mouth, use scissors to cut other features like a rounded head and legs, and then take your toy swimming!
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- pipe cleaner (we used red)
- googly eyes (we used large ones)
- Using your scissors, round the top of an ordinary sponge to form a sea creature head. You can make an octopus or a jellyfish, an ordinary fish or an imaginary sea monster. Your imagination is the limit!
- Cut other details and features into the sponge like octopus legs or jellyfish tentacles.
- Using your hot glue gun, glue googly eyes to the sponge creature.
- Snip off a small section of pipe cleaner to form a mouth and glue that on as well.You have now created a DIY sponge bath toy! Make a bunch and have a variety of sea creatures to play with during bath time or just splash around in the sink with!