Decorate your house for the holidays with these beautiful and easy cotton swab snowflakes and use this craft to discuss vocabulary words such as radial or talk about repeating patterns.
- cotton swabs (such as Q-Tips)
- hot glue or craft glue
- bowl (or something round to trace)
- hole puncher
- Trace a medium sized cereal bowl (or something circular) onto dark colored card stock paper with a pencil.
- Cut out the circle that you just traced.
- Cut the cotton tips off of seven cotton swabs on one side only leaving the other tip.
- Cut four cotton swabs in half.
- Glue the seven longer cotton swabs in a radial pattern around the circle letting the cotton swab portions face outwards.
- Glue seven short cotton swabs (the ones you cut in half) in between each of the longer swabs in the same radial pattern.