Download this door-hanger template.
- Measure and cut wallpaper to fit door, about 6 inches narrower than door on all sides.
- Paint door with acoat of wallpaper primer; let dry.
- Determine placement of wallpaper panel by marking top, bottom, and sides on door with a pencil and a level. Brush wallpaper glue onto back of wallpaper; smooth onto door to match markings. Let dry.
- Cut 4 pieces of trim molding to match 4 sides of panel. Use a miter saw to cut angled ends on pieces. Attach to door with glue and nails, framing wallpaper. Fill nail holes with wood filler; let dry.
- Remove knob. Tape off hinges. Apply a coat of primer; let dry. Apply a coat of semigloss paint in desired color to entire surface; let dry.
Beadboard paintable wallpaper, by Martha Stewart Living, $25 for 56 sq. ft., homedepot.com.