Make mini boats to float or race with recycled water bottles!
- two empty water bottles (caps on)
- duct tape (we used two different colors)
- thin cardboard
- action figures/dolls (optional)
- a big container (optional)
- Cut out a small rectangle from your cardboard and cover it in duct tape.
- Tape the two water bottles side by side to the bottom of the cardboard.
- Cut out a triangle and cover that with duct tape as well. We used a different color for this, to add flair.
- Tape the triangle to the top of the cardboard boat, making a fin or sail.
- Fill a container (or bathtub) with water.
Then float your boat! We added some action figures and dolls and set sail. If you live by a small river or creek, you can set sail there, too.