For a great alternative to the traditional Tie-Dye project, use tea as a natural dye to make Tea-Dye T-shirts! It’s a great way to bring new life to old shirts or to add color to comfortable white tee.
- a white T-shirt or tank top
- tea (regular, already brewed)
- a bowl
- rubber bands
- Roll your shirt, lengthwise, tightly into a tube.
- Tightly wrap rubber bands around and all the way down the tube
- Pour some already-brewed tea in a large bowl. Dip the banded-tube in the bowl. Soak for about an hour, or shorter if you want a lighter shade.
- Remove the tube from the bowl and wring it out into the sink. Next remove the rubber bands, unroll the tube and lay flat to dry to see the cool pattern!
Once it’s dry, try it on!