Salty glue art requires only 2 ingredients and facilitates discussions about dimensions with older children. What does 3 dimensional mean? Are the lines of the salted glue art raised or smooth? For smaller children, this activity has a great sensory component with the sprinkling of the coarse salt.
- dark paper
- school glue in a squeeze bottle
- a baking sheet or tray (optional) to contain the salt sprinkle mess
- Doodle some designs and create some fun artwork on paper using a glue bottle to squeeze on the lines.
- Once you have created your artwork, sprinkle salt on top of the drawings.
- Shake off the excess salt on the artwork and set the paper aside and allow to dry!
Now talk about your art!