Make adorable love bugs out of salt dough. Attach them to cards for a great DIY Valentine’s Day card! Give one to a special teacher or make some for a bunch of friends!
- 3 c of flour
- 1 c of water
- 1 c of salt
- paint and paintbrushes
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- large blank gift tags or blank cards
- rolling pin (optional)
- parchment paper (optional)
- cookie sheet
- large bowl
- Begin by making the salt dough. Mix together 3 cups of flour with 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of water.
- Stir the ingredients together in a bowl until a dough is formed.
- Once a dough is formed, begin kneading the dough with your hands.
- Lay the dough on a work surface and knead until smooth.
- Flatten with a rolling pin or with your hands
- Break small pieces of dough and roll in your hands to form small oval shapes.
- Once you have created a bunch of small oval shapes, place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or directly on the sheet) and bake for 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the salt dough ovals from the oven and lay on a surface to cool completely.
- Paint the salt dough ovals to look like little bugs! Your imagination is the limit here! Let dry completely.
- Using large blank gift tags or blank cards, write the words “Love Bug” on each card.
- Glue a love bug to each card and you are finished!