Name: Emily Eibel
Pumpkin Inspiration: Wanted to make a candy-dispensing pumpkin
- Martha Stewart Crafts Craft Knife
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor Brush
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor Paint in Antique Sky and Eucalyptus
- Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Paint in Sweet Potato and Gray Wolf
- Soft cloth
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor Clear Wax
- Assorted Martha Stewart Crafts paintbrushes
To shop supplies, visit michaels.com/marthastewart
- First, outline the shapes of the face you want to cut out with a pencil.
- Carefully cut into the pumpkin with the craft knife, following the shape of your outlined face.
- Once you have the shapes cut out, paint a layer of Vintage Decor Antique Sky.
- Paint the inside of the pumpkin with Martha Stewart Crafts Sweet Potato Paint.
- Once the layer of Antique Sky is dry, paint a coat of Vintage Decor Paint in Eucalyptus on top.
- While the Eucalyptus layer is drying, paint the stem of the pumpkin with Gray Wolf.
- Once the outer Eucalyptus layer has dried, lightly sand the surface to reveal some of the lighter color beneath.
- Apply Vintage Decor Clear Wax with a soft cloth to finish the pumpkin with a matte chalk finish.
- Once wax layer has set, fill with candy!