My daughter is at the age where she can begin to learn to tell time on a clock. This is a great way to make your own clock to practice this skill.
- two paper plates—at least one colored plate
- foam numbers (optional)
- a dark marker or permanent marker
- glue stick
- colored paper
- paper fastener (or brad)
- Glue the two plates together, one on top of the other, so your clock has a rim that’s a different color from the face.
- Stick the numbers (or write them) in the proper places. If your child needs guidance, draw a small dot where each number goes.
- Write out the minutes with the marker.
- Cut out the hour and minute hands and fasten to the center of the plate with a brad.
Practice telling different times!