Add some glitter for a galactic take on this easy, no-bake play dough recipe!
Note: Many of those who have tried this recipe found it dry and crumbly. Here are other play dough recipes to try:
- Two-Ingredient Play Dough
- Rainbow Play Dough
- large mixing bowl
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups flour
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of cooking oil (we used Canola)
- 1 1/2 cups of salt
- food coloring (we used red and blue to make purple)
- Pour water into a large mixing bowl.
- Next add food coloring. We added generous amounts of red and blue food coloring to make purple, which seemed like a galactic color! Once you add the food coloring to the water, stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients ( flour and salt) to the mix. You can stir a little at this point to begin blending the ingredients.
- Next add 2 to 4 tablespoons of oil. You can add more oil later if the mix seems to dry. Oil is the secret to keeping this “no cooking required” recipe soft! If you don’t add enough oil, the mix will be very crumbly.
- This next step is a big hit with kids! Add generous amounts of glitter to your mix and begin mixing everything together.
- Knead the ingredients together until a soft dough is formed.
To store, simply roll the dough into small balls and keep in plastic bags or a plastic container!