Recycle an old milk carton to make this toy bus. This craft is great for first-time bus riders!
- 1/2 gallon milk carton
- 4 bottle caps
- white and black construction paper
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- markers or crayons
- yellow paint
- foam letter stickers and foam circle shape stickers (optional)
- Paint the milk carton bright yellow.
- Cut two strips of white construction paper (for the bus windows) and fold them into thirds. Draw lines at folds to make windows and draw a person in each window.
- Glue the decorated window strips onto each side of bus.
- Add a strip of black construction paper under the windows and affix foam letters spelling ‘SCHOOL’ to each side. (This step is optional.)
- Cut a small circle large enough to cover the opening of the carton. Decorate the circle with a face (for the bus driver) and affix using hot glue gun (adult or with supervision).
- Add bottle cap wheels using hot glue gun.
- Affix foam circles to the front of the bus as headlights & write ‘SCHOOL’ on top.
Happy back-to-school season! If you like, instead of drawing kids in the windows, glue pictures of your kids in the windows!