This Halloween, make your own decorations out of recycled material instead of buying them at the store. With just one empty plastic bottle, you can make an owl, an apple, a pumpkin and more!
Depending on your final product, you might need paint and other decorative items.
- one empty plastic bottle (we used an old soda bottle)
- clear tape (heavy packing tape or duct tape will work best)
- Make sure your bottle is empty. If it has any wrapping on it, for instance a soda logo, remove it. Your bottle should be completely see-through.
- Make three cuts into your bottle like so. Discard the middle and the top of the bottle, as well as the cap
- Tape the two remaining pieces together, using the bottom as the “head” or top of your craft, and the other section as the bottom. NOTE: If you want to put anything inside, put it in place before taping the pieces closed.
- Add your decorations and/or paint!
What did you make? Send us your green Halloween craft pictures in the comments!