Tiny pinch pots are great little presents that your kids can make and proudly hand out as gifts during the holidays!
- Crayola Air Dry Clay (can be found at most craft stores)
- paint and a paintbrush (optional)
- Roll a small amount of clay (manageable for the size of your child’s hand) into a ball. Tip: If your clay seems a little dry and not as soft as you would like, dip your fingers in a little water and then begin kneading the clay until you have the desired softness. You want your clay soft and moldable, but not wet.
- Using your thumb (smaller children may need help from an adult with this part) press in the center of your ball of clay and form a deep indentation.
- Begin pinching the clay all around the center dent, and continue pinching until you have formed a bowl shape.
- Once you have achieved the desired shape, set your clay pinch pot aside to dry for 24 hours.
- Once your pinch pot is completely dry, paint it any way you wish using acrylic paints. High gloss paints usually look best. We used a stylish block painting technique for our pinch pots and added gold paint for a festive look.
If you’re entertaining guests during the holidays, you can fill the pinch pots with treats! Happy holidays.