Is there anything that duct tape can’t make or fix? I don’t think so. Which is why this year for Father’s Day I say, swing by the hardware store and let some tape do the gift-y trick! Help your kids make this no-sew project for dad that’s as cool as it is crafty. Here’s the scoop on turning a few strips of sticky into a duct tape wallet!
- Rolls of Duct Tape in Two Colors
- Ruler or Measuring Tape
- Create duct “fabric” by cutting tape strips (pieces measuring 8″ x 3″ and an additional 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ pocket piece.) Lay pieces sticky-side-up; overlap & stick. Repeat until piece is appropriate length. Then, layer pieces sticky-side-down on top of existing piece until it’s completely covered. Repeat this process to make the back of the wallet.
- Seal front and back pieces together with tape strips.
- Tape card pocket onto the righthand side of the front of the wallet. Fold wallet in half so that the pocket is now on the inside.
- Cut several small pieces of contrasting tape; stick onto outside of wallet in “DAD” formation.
Happy Father’s Day crafting!