Combine art and geometry this winter by making DIY yarn snowballs!
- round balloon (inflated to about 4 inches in diameter)
- Mod Podge Fabric (0r regular craft glue)
- a glass
- a bowl
- petroleum jelly (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together Mod Podge Fabric (or regular craft glue) with a little water.
- Cut off a long strand of yarn and dunk it into the glue mixture.
- Inflate a round balloon to about 4 inches in diameter. Cover the balloon in petroleum jelly to prevent the yarn from sticking. If you want to avoid this step (we did not do this in the video) you can simply pull the yarn away from the balloon with your fingers.
- Squeeze the excess glue mixture from the long strand of yarn and wrap it all around the inflated balloon. Wrap around and around until you come to the end and then tuck the end piece underneath one of your wrapped strands.
- Place the balloon wrapped in yarn on top of a glass.
- Set the yarn covered balloon aside to dry.
- Once completely dry, pop the balloon with a thumbtack. If the yarn sticks to the balloon, simply pull apart with your fingers and fluff the yarn back into a sphere shape.
- Tie a strand of yarn to the sphere and hang for the holidays!