Turn an ordinary birthday party hat and a cereal box into a witch hat in just a few steps! This idea is a great accessory for any witch costume and the perfect solution for your last-minute trick-or-treater.
- birthday party hat
- cereal box cardboard
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- black paint
- round template (like a pot or container lid) about 8″ wide
- Trace a round template onto cereal box cardboard with a marker.
- Cut-out the round shape with scissors.
- Lay your party hat on top of the cardboard circle and trace it.
- Draw small lines to create tabs all around the inner edge of this circle.
- Cut-out the center inside the lines and then along each line to form tabs.
- Set the hat on top of the circle and glue each tab to the inside of the hat with hot glue. Let the elastic strap of the hat slip through the tabs so it is still usable.
- Paint the hat black all over.
- Tie a few strands of green yarn around the base of the hat into a loose knot. Affix the yarn to the hat with hot glue.