I love mini games and one of my favorites is the ball in a hole game you sometimes receive as party prizes. They are actually a wonderful way to test your fine motor skills as they require very delicate moves in order to get the balls to roll into the holes. We turned this into a DIY toy you can make at home using recycled lids.
Note: We made two versions of the toy, one with a cover and one without. If you don’t include the cover make sure the lids you use have long enough sides to contain the beads so they don’t roll off the game!
DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE HERE
- colorful pens
- recycled lids
- glue: glue stick and hot glue
- hole punch
- small beads
- plastic cup (optional)
- Print the template. Use the appropriate sized template for the lids you are using. Color the template.
- Cut out the decorated ball games.
- Glue the trimmed template piece to cardboard.
- Trim game and cardboard together.
- Punch holes at large black dots. NOTE: If you are making the bull’s-eye puzzle a standard hole punch will not reach to the center of the cardboard. Use a nail to pierce a hole in the center and rotate to widen the hole. If the hole is too small the ball will not be able to rest in it.
- Glue the game to the inside of the lid using hot glue (adults only).
- (Optional) If you want to add an optional cover cut a clear plastic cup so that the diameter of the lip fits snugly around the game along the inside edge of the lid. You may need to trim the cardboard game slighty to allow for the plastic cup edge to fit between the lid and cardboard edge.
- Add your beads! If using the cover, secure the cup in place by hot gluing the edges to the lid AFTER you have added the beads.