Using school glue and tissue paper cut into the shape of a flower, decorate a glass bowl and turn it into a beautiful, decorative flower bowl. This craft is great for a wide range of ages, would be a great Mother’s Day craft for the classroom, gift idea or simply a fun spring project!
- small glass bowl
- school glue
- tissue paper
- small mixing bowl
- Mix a small amount of water with some school glue in a small container to dilute the glue just a bit.
- Cut out from colored tissue paper the shape of a flower petals, flower center and leaves.
- Flip a small glass bowl upside down and begin painting the diluted glue on the very bottom with your paintbrush.
- Stick-on the flower center and paint a little more glue on top of it, gently as not to tear the tissue.
- Layer the flower petals on top of the flower center using the same technique of glue painting.
- Lastly, apply the tissue paper leaves using the same technique.
- Set the bowl aside and allow the glue to dry completely!
Give the bowl as a gift, store spare change inside or use it as an attractive container for an electric votive candle!