These beautiful felt, DIY rose magnets are fun to craft and would make fantastic end of the year gifts for your school’s teachers and faculty! With the help of a parent, kids can make these roses in an array of different colors. How many different colors combinations can you make?
- strong magnets
- thing cardboard circle (we used cereal box cardboard)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut a square of felt about 3 inches by 3 inches in size into a circle
- Cut the circle of felt into a spiral shape.
- Twirl the spiral shape into a rosette starting with the outside of the spiral and working inward.
- Once you have twirled the spiral into the rosette use the end flap to lay over the back.
- Secure the end flap with some glue
- Glue a circular piece of thing cardboard to the back of the rosette.
- Glue a magnet to the back of the cardboard.
- Fringe a thin rectangle of felt with scissors
- Twirl the fringed rectangle tightly
- Glue it into the center of the rosette.
You are all finished and ready to make as many as you wish! Give them out to friends, parents, family or teachers as gifts!