Vroom vroom! Make DIY Race Cars out of recycled toilet paper rolls. Then engage in some imaginary play and have a fun race! This craft is also a great way to practice number writing and recognition.
- toilet paper rolls
- glue stick
- white crayon
- black construction paper
- a small round top (to use as a template for the wheels)
- Paint several paper rolls in different colors.
- Trace a small round top into the black construction paper to create wheels. You will need four wheels for each paper roll “car”.
- Cut out the circles you just created.
- Once you have cut out all of the circles, begin gluing them onto the paper rolls to make wheels.
- Draw a white circle with your white crayon in the center of each black wheel.
- Cut out a flap at the top of each “car” and then fold the flap into a tab.
- Glue the tab so that it sits upright. This will be the front of the car. You could draw a wheel on the tab if you like.
- Write numbers on each car with a marker, then you are all set you begin the race!