This quicksand is a great science and sensory project combined into one. After you make this simple mixture, watch and feel your hands sink into the sand while your toys get “stuck” inside the thick, highly viscous mixture!
- mixing bowl and spoon
- shallow container/tupperware
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- food coloring
- Pour 3/4 cup of water into a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of cornstarch to the water.
- Add some food coloring to give the mix its sandy color. Then stir the mixture together for about 5 minutes until it really thickens.
- Once the mixture thickens, pour it into a shallow container so you can play with it! Sink your hands or toys into the mixture!