After my daughter and I improvised a paper clip jewelry project a while back, I wanted to continue making jewelry from office supplies. This DIY jewelry project was partly for kicks and partly serious, but we ended up with very inexpensive but very funky jewelry! I have a feeling school-age girls would love this project!
- butterfly clips
- paper clips (different sizes)
- rubber bands
- book rings (like these)
- Butterfly Clip Necklace: Alternate standard paper clips with butterfly clips for a pretty little metallic necklace.
- Giant Paper Clip Necklace: I couldn’t resist buying these enormous paper clips—they are three inches long and gold! You don’t need to do much more than string them together for this simple, artsy necklace.
- Rubber Band and Book Ring Belt: I loved these giant colorful rubber bands the minute I laid eyes on them! Just note that they do dry out and eventually break. Of course, none of the DIY jewelry pieces we are making here is permanent anyway.
- Braided Rubber Band Bracelets: Giant rubber bands are so fun to work with! I tried a bunch of bracelet iterations using these as the base; in the end I liked the braided look best. I used a colored paper clip to connect the ends together. Friendship bracelets anyone?
Instructions and Ideas:
I’m still looking through other supplies like erasers and tacks. Do you have any other ideas for office supply jewelry?