Combine sticks from the yard with yellow and orange felt squares to craft your very own DIY campfire!
- small sticks
- pruners or heavy duty scissors
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- orange and yellow felt
- Using your pruners (or some very heavy duty kitchen scissors) trim your small sticks until they are about 8 to 10 inches in length. If you do not have any pruners or scissors strong enough, you could break the sticks down to size.
- Cut orange and yellow felt into small, 4 to 6 inch squares. You will need about seven squares total. Each square will become a “flame” for the fire.
- Using hot glue (adults only) squeeze a dollop of hot glue into the center of each square. Scrunch the felt into a flame-like shape and then add glue into the folds on the sides. Make as many flames as you wish, but we used about 7 for this project.
- Glue the bottom of each flame to the sticks in an alternating color pattern.
- Once you have finished constructing your campfire you are ready for your make believe camping trip! Gather some pots and pans for a campfire cooking session and “invite” your stuffed animals to join you!