Make beautiful rose shapes from orange peels then place them in a bowl with other dried items for decoration. This project requires the participation of a parent or adult to peel the orange with a knife. Kids can help arrange the dried peels at the end!
- a paring knife (adults only)
- cookie sheet (we used a muffin tin)
- Cut the top of an orange off with a paring knife and begin peeling the orange in a spiral pattern until the entire piece of fruit is peeled.
- Once the orange is peeled, twirl the peel into a rosette
- Tie the rose shape into place with some twine
- Place on a cookie sheet or inside a muffin tin and bake at 200F for 2 to 3 hours until the peels are completely dry.
- Once completely dry you can decorate with the peels! Place them in a bowl along with other dried objects such as moss, leaves and flower petals for decoration!