Make a DIY Bouncy Ball using borax laundry powder, cornstarch, school glue and a little water! This chemistry and craft project rolled into one can be used to spark great conversations about the science behind elasticity! How high does the ball bounce?
- 1/2 tsp. borax powder
- 1 T. white glue
- food coloring
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 4 T. warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the borax powder, and cornstarch.
- Add water to the borax powder and cornstarch mixture and mix well.
- Next add the glue to your mix and stir well until a blobby mixture forms.
- Roll the blobby mixture between the palm of your hands until it hardens and a rubbery ball forms. The trick here is to keep rolling and rolling. You may need to wipe your hands as you go.
- Once you have rolled the glob into a tight, rubbery ball m you are ready to bounce! Bounce the ball on a hard surface and see how high you can get it to go!