This Halloween, decorate your house with these easy-to-make bat trees using simple supplies.
- index cards
- a marker
- black card stock paper
- a vase
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- branches from the yard
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- On an index card, draw the shape of a bat with a marker. Start by drawing the head and then make two wings. Draw scallops on the bottom.
- Cut out the bat. This will be the template to make many bats from your black card stock paper.
- Trace this bat onto the black card stock paper. If you use a black marker, it may be harder to see the lines but it will still work. If you hold the paper up after you trace, you will be able to see the outline pretty clearly.
- Once you have traced the bat, cut it out. Then stuff some branches in a vase and glue each bat onto the tree.
Too spooky? You can make the bats have funny faces by adding things like googly eyes, noses, beards and mustaches made from construction paper and hair made from yarn.