Kids can make their very own Daniel Tiger watch out of toilet paper roll and some cereal box cardboard! This is a great summer boredom buster and a fun idea for imaginary play.
- toilet paper roll
- thin cardboard (we used cereal box cardboard)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- white, brown, yellow or gold paint (blend brown and yellow to make gold)
- Trace two circles onto thin cardboard with a pencil, making one slightly larger than the next. Then cut them out. We traced a toilet paper roll for the smaller circle then after we cut it out, we used the smaller circle as a template to make a slightly larger circle to cut out.
- Cut a toilet paper roll open by cutting all the way (lengthwise) down the center. Then cut off a thin strip. This strip forms a cuff and will be the band of the watch.
- Now that you have the watch components, you are ready to paint! Paint the smaller circle white and the larger circle yellow (or gold). Paint the band brown then set all parts aside to dry.
- Once all the parts of the watch are dry, you are ready to draw the watch face. A permanent marker works best for this. Draw a circle in the center and four lines around the circle on the top, bottom and both sides.
- After drawing the face of the watch, use the hot glue gun to glue all parts together. Glue the watch face on top of the gold circle and then glue those two pieces onto the center of the watch band!
GRRific! You are now ready to wear your watch! Pair it with your Daniel Tiger no-sew costume.