Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday with this DIY Cat in the Hat mask!
- paper plate
- crayons or markers
- construction paper (red, white and black)
- stapler, glue or tape
- one Popsicle stick
- Cut out the center of the paper plate to create a place for a face to show through. Color the remaining part of the paper plate with black markers if you like.
- Cut out a bow from your red construction paper and tape, glue or staple it to the bottom of the plate (chin area when the plate is positioned next to a face).
- Cut out whiskers and cat ears from your black construction paper and secure them in their respective places on the paper plate.
- Cut out the shape of the hat (making it as tall as you like!) and color in the red stripes. Then secure the hat to the top of the paper plate (forehead area when positioned next to a face).
- Tape or glue a Popsicle stick to the inside of the plate at the very bottom, so the kids can hold the plate up like a mask.
Click here to make a Horton Hears a Who headpiece!