Make a wreath out of recycled plastic bags and customize the theme to match any holiday or occasion.
- wire hanger
- plastic grocery or garbage bags
- stickers (optional)
- plastic mesh produce bag (optional)
- With the help of an adult, bend wire hanger (below the hook) into a circle shape.
- Cut strips approximately 1 inch wide by 4 inches long. This may require two to five (or more) bags, depending on the size you use.
- Tie the plastic strips one by one around the wire. Push them together as closely as possible until all the wire below the hook is covered.
- Embellish with stickers to fit any season! Try snowflakes for a winter wreath, hearts for Valentine’s Day, shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day, and stars for the 4th of July!
A plastic mesh produce bag can be turned into a colorful bow on top. I used a red bag that once contained oranges, and the green mesh from a bag of avocados. What themes and colors will you create? Let us know in the comments.